5 HABITS FOR FLAWLESS SKIN
Would you agree if I say, “It is easier to maintain your shape than lose the extra pounds you’ve acquired”?? I assume your answer is “YES”. The same is for our skin. It’s easier to keep your skin appearing fit as a fiddle; than it is to recover beautiful skin once you’ve impaired it. It’s sort of like your body.
Good skin health management can aid prevent pre maturing and skin issues. You may postpone skin maturing by doing some basic favours to your skin. Flawless skin is the best specie you can have. You already are acquainted with the robust work that our skin does as an organ of our body.
It is the prime shield built up by our body to lower our risks of infection and damage from the outside world. Our skin counts for 16% of our body and this gives us enough reasons to take good care of it.
Maintaining healthy glass-like skin is no vigorous job. Looking good is no big secret! It’s as easy as patronising some simple habits and inculcating them in one’s life. Your daily routine is either backing your skin or grieving your skin. If you keep in mind not to hurt your skin most of the time, your skin will be in good health. By understanding the basics you can not only prevent any skin issues but also greatly mitigate its pre-maturing and wrinkling (the most common problems). These simple habits take daily efforts but are absolutely worth it.
HABITS FOR HEALTHY SKIN
We have jotted down some habits which you may inculcate in your daily life to get a glowing skin. Our concern is to prepare a habit chart to impart the glow to your whole body and not just your face.
1) HEALTHY DIET: Did you know you could eat your way to pretty and flawless skin? Your skin is a reflection of what you eat. A proper diet is a crucial formula to that glass-like glowing skin.
Foods rich in antioxidants, Vitamins A and C can bless your skin greatly. There are some fruits and vegetables which you can easily lay your hands on that will help you acquire good skin, for example tomatoes and green tea. Inducing these in your diet can be a boon for your skin. Tomatoes are rich in Vitamin C and have antioxidant properties that repair the skin damage caused by UV rays and inflammation. Adding raw tomatoes to your diet in the form of salad can greatly brighten up your skin and also tighten up the wrinkles of your skin.
Green Tea is the most talked-about since a few years for its various benefits. It not only helps eliminate toxins from your body thereby making your skin look beautiful but also greatly reduces the chances of skin cancer.
Steer clear of calorie-based foods and packaged foods which consist of too much sugar and synthetic preservatives.
2) STAYING HYDRATED: We tend to consume water only when we are thirsty or when we eat something. This is one of the biggest follies we make. Replenishing the need of water in your body helps not only in adding glow to your skin but is also good for your overall health. A dehydrated body will make your skin dry and flaky. Make sure your consumption of water is at least 3 litres a day. This may change according to the age and physical work of a person.
Consuming plain water is best for you instead of consuming sugared drinks. Avoiding calories are a must to ensure healthy skin. Juices and preservative drinks do more harm to us than replenish the hydration of our bodies.
3) CLEANSING: Cleansing your skin with a gentle cleanser is so very important. It would be nasty to go to bed with all beauty products you’ve used on yourself during the day and especially the makeup on and the whole day’s pollution on your body. If you don’t clean yourself you are sure to get up to a bruised face next morning. A mild cleanser can help you. Moisturising your skin can make it look supple and hydrated. Choosing a moisturiser as per your skin type can be a gift for you. Moisturise your whole body well before going to sleep so that you may not be all flaky the next morning.
Protecting your skin from the harmful UV rays during the day is a must. Keep in mind to use a good sunscreen and wear such clothes which may reduce your exposure to the sun. Look for a sunscreen with a broad spectrum to prevent getting any tan or inflammation. Unchecked exposure to the sun can cause wrinkles and creases on your skin. As a consequence, pigmentation may develop and it will get tough to get rid of the pigmentation once you get it.
4) BEAUTY SLEEP: Sleep is the closest thing to your fountain of youth. While you sleep your skin is still at work. It regenerates fresh skin cells and produces collagen which prevents the sagging down of your skin. You get a healthier glow if you take a good 6 hours of sleep because while you sleep blood flow increases in your body. You may not have to get up to puffy eyes if you sleep with all your tension pushed into oblivion. Get it clear, that no night cream or under-eye area creams will work if you don’t sleep well.
5) BE CAREFREE: Worrying can adversely affect your body. Worries ineligibly reflect on your skin and face. It makes your skin look premature and triggers aging of your appearance. Practicing yoga can help you with this. Being regular at yoga and exercise can relieve your mind of most of your tensions. Breathing fresh air refreshes the mind and keeps one cool. Learn to speak out your problems and look for a solution instead of worrying.
You see, maintaining healthy skin is not an exhausting affair. Getting beautiful skin however, demands consistency. The more natural products you use the healthier you will feel and look. Here are some straightforward tips for you to maintain a good habit of getting supple and radiating skin.
TIPS FOR HEALTHY SKIN:
1) Sweat out all the toxins of your body. Running/ jogging enhances blood circulation in your body.
2) Hydrate yourself with water and fruits such as watermelon, cucumber, and grapefruit
3) Don’t pop pimples and rashes of your skin. This may lead to inflammation and accelerated breakouts.
4) Scrub your body at least once a week to get rid of all the dead skin cells.
In case you are wondering that scrubbing your whole body might not be very pocket friendly and you may have to invest in a big jab of scrubbing cream, then don’t worry any longer. We are giving you are chance to go dexterous in the kitchen and prepare a little scrubbing pack for yourself.
DIY BODY SCRUB
2 cups of Chickpea flour
3 tbsp of Turmeric powder
½ a cup of Milk (for dry skin) / ½ a cup of Rose water (for oily skin)
Mix all the above ingredients in a bowl and apply it on clean dry skin. Scrub for 5 minutes. Leave it on your skin for the next 5 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
This will scrub off all the dead skin cells from your body and give it a natural radiance.
And most importantly, do you know the best exercise to get beautiful skin?? It is to smile!! Doing all the above things can definitely promise us good skin but the most important radiating thing which you already possess is your mesmerising smile. A beautiful mind and heart triple the radiance of your skin and beauty. So do not skip smiling. It is an exercise that comes naturally and helps you look 10 times younger.