Lip Care and Lip Balms
Updated: Aug 19
Once there was a dame, she had a vice of sucking her beautiful lips, fast forward seven months; the dame’s lips look dark and chapped. Beautiful lips just compliment your pretty smile and taking care of them is paramount. The skin of our lips is far more fragile than our body because they do not have sweat glands or oil glands. Don’t you think it would have been gross if it were otherwise? Every woman fancies to flaunt supple and pink lips but they don’t just come easy. Following an entire skincare routine in this rumpus, life is out of the question. But you should have that one quintessential product which you never miss out on come hell or high water: a lip balm
Lip Care, Lip Balms Lipbalms #lookfquirky #lipcare #lipbalm
Lip care Lip Balms lip care lip balms
Our lips have to bear a lot throughout the day. Their invariable exposure to the elements can damage and dehydrate them, thereby forming wrinkles and fine lines. Shrivelled up and creasy lips can rapidly age our look. Attending to wrinkled lips in time can mitigate the possibility of them bleeding and causing excruciating pain.
Conceive yourself eager to don an alluring lipstick for a party. You would undoubtedly wish to take selfies, but would you click one with chapped lips? The first thing we lay hands on when our lips are going dry is a lip balm. However, not all lip balms are worth using. Some conventional ones cause pigmentation on your lips and just don’t produce the desired result.
My dear beauties, to ease out your labour of sorting out the best lip balm, today we have put together 7 unbeatably hydrating lip balms for you. You can easily procure them and judge them for yourself.
TOP 5 LIP BALMS
Just a question: Do you use face moisturizers only during the winters? I’m sure the answer is “NO”. Just like so, we need to keep our lips moisturized all year round. Also in summers with the help of an SPF-based lip balm. If unprotected lips are exposed to the sun, collagen may change; leaving the lips wrinkled alongside the formation of fine lines around the mouth. Lip balms not just hydrate your lips but also mitigate pigmentation. Even a hydrating one with a dash of color as per your choice would serve the purpose.
1) HIMALAYA LIP BALM
The 1st one “no surprises!” is Himalaya lip balm. It is easily available at any chemist shop nearby and is very affordable. It contains Vaseline but definitely with more hydration. It is a clear gel with a subtle fragrance. It is absolutely a humble and no fuss product with a slanted applicator, which does the job well. Not quite fancy but does the job well.
2). Nivea Lip Balm
The next one in line is Nivea lip balm. It is for those who are looking for a tint of color with hydration. It comes in 4 variants. Each variant has its color and mild fragrance. It leaves only a light tint of color giving the appearance of juicy and moisturized lips.
3) Juicy Chemistry Blood Orange & Rose Hip Lip Balm
The Juicy Chemistry Lip Balm is an organic lip balm for a very frequent concern that is, for pigmented lips and discoloured lips. It will rid the lips of dead skin cells. It also pulls out the darkness around the lips formed due to the overuse of lipsticks. One of its core ingredients for removing hyper-pigmentation is Rosehip Oil. Virgin Red Raspberry Seed Oil present in it provides protection and damage from UV rays. It has a citrus-like fragrance.
4) Khadi Naturals Chocolate Herbal Lip Balm with Beeswax and Honey
This product from Khadi is a purely organic product with a very good chocolaty flavor. It isn’t greasy and is good for use during summers. It leaves a little bit of shine on the lips and is also very affordable.
5) Sebamed SPF 30 Defense
Well, if you are someone who has to stay outdoors, in the sun for long hours then you must give Sebamed SPF 30 Defense ago. It removes hyper-pigmentation from the skin caused due to excessive UV exposure or inadequate lip scrubbing regularly. It isn’t very waxy. Applying this underneath your lipstick will keep them hydrated for a little longer than usual.
Getting plump and pink lips are easy with a lip care routine; even so, it is essential for you to need to figure out the reason for your chapped lips.
Factors Affecting Lips
You could be dealing with any of the following:
· Exposure: We don’t usually cover our lips when we step out in the sun. Do we?? Well, if you do, your lips will thank you!! We remember to apply sunscreen on our face before stepping out, but how many of us care to wear an SPF based lip balm?? Unchecked exposure to the sun can wrinkle up your lips and dehydrate them. Using an SPF based lip balm can help you here.
· Dehydration: Intake of insufficient water may inevitably make your lips chapped and dry. You could solve this by merely drinking enough water.
· Licking lips: You do remember the tiny story I told earlier? Yes! Licking and sucking your lips may cause them to turn dry and dark. Our saliva contains chemicals that aid in the digestion of food. Since it is so, how can it not affect your lips and its nearby skin? Avoid licking your lips constantly as it may increase the dryness.
· Smoking: Do you smoke?! Well, it does no good for your body if you do. Nicotine causes the narrowing down of blood vessels thus reducing the blood flow to the skin, which in turn gives the appearance of dark lip-skin.
· Nutrient deficiency: Deficiency of nutrients such as iron, zinc, and, Vitamin B can consequently make your lips dry. Ensure the consumption of all the nutrients in your body. A multivitamin tablet may help you here if the deficiency doesn’t replenish from the intake of fruits and vegetables.
Lip balms are just a click away from us, we can conveniently purchase them online but I am sure we have among us some dexterous audience who would like to prepare lip balm for themselves at home. This would be a present for you…we have brought with us some amazing DIY lip balms !!
DIY LIP BALMS
1) Tinted Lip Balm:
2 tbsp grated cocoa butter
2 tbsp beeswax pastilles
1tbsp coconut/ almond oil
½ + ¼ teaspoon maca powder ( Colour of your choice. I personally prefer light pink)
In a pot, melt cocoa butter and beeswax
Add in the coconut/ almond oil
Add in the mica powder and stir thoroughly
Take it off the flame and let it sit for a minute.
Pour it in a lip balm tube or cosmetic tub.
2) Exfoliate Scrub:
1 teaspoon of honey
2 teaspoon sugar
Mix the honey and sugar in a bowl.
Massage the mixture on your lips and leave for 10 minutes
Wash it off with plain water.
3) Lip Pigmentation Removal:
1 tbsp fresh dairy cream
1 tbsp almond powder
Add dairy cream and almond powder in a bowl
Scrub the mixture on your lips for 2 minutes and leave it for 2 minutes
Rinse it off with cool water.
4) Flavoured Lip Moisturizer:
2 tbsp white beeswax pellets.
1 teaspoon of cocoa powder
2 teaspoons sweet almond oil
3-4 drops of peppermint oil
PROCESS: Melt the beeswax in a pot
Stir in the cocoa powder until it blends in well
Add the sweet almond oil
Add the peppermint oil
Take it off the flame and let it cool down
Empty it in a small container.
DESIGN YOUR OWN LIP CARE REGIME
Best would be to prepare a natural lip care routine for yourself and follow it diligently. Applying a chapstick alone will definitely not cure your chapped lips. Sticking to a natural lip care routine will prevent further damaging of the lips. Here we have some tips for your lip care regime:
1) Get rid of all the lipstick, or color, you’ve had on your lips all day as soon as you return home.
2) Don’t forget your favourite lip balm before going to bed. Well, it would be best if you use it at least twice a day on clean lips.
3) Exfoliating your lips once or twice a week is a must.
4) Keep a healthy diet. Keeping yourself hydrated clears away a lot of complications of the body. Eating healthy and avoiding toxic edibles is always a good idea.
Look for ingredients such as beeswax, sugar and natural oils in the lip. The skin of your lips is extremely sensitive. There are no natural barriers to protect them from intense sun and your lifestyle. Your lips are already doing a lot of work; consider it a duty to take care of them. Remember, having healthy lips enhances the beauty of your smile. We can get luscious and soft lips by merely providing them with the nourishment they require